5 Things You Need to Know: March 19
Seekonk Youth Soccer will be holding spring clinics.
1. Winter is make a return today with snow and wet weather returning.
2. The Seekonk Youth Soccer Spring Clinic for U-G and U8 players will be held Tuesday and Friday. For U-6 it will be 5-6 p.m; starting April 30 through June 4 For U-8 it will be 6 to 7 p.m. starting April 26 through May 31 (Friday U-8 Clinic FULL) You can select either the Tuesday or Friday clinic to attend. All players will be placed on the waiting list until that class is full. Once the class is full the players will be released and payment will be due at that time. They will have use of the Martin School gym this year so you will need to have regular sneakers or indoor soccer cleats. Outdoor cleats will not be allowed in the gym. They will have trainers from Challenger Sports to work with the kids. Each player will need a ball, shin pads and a water. For more information, go to Seekonk Youth Soccer.
3. The Seekonk Cultural Council needs members. The Council funds cultural activities within the Seekonk community, including previous grants in support of Seekonk Public Library If you are interested in becoming a member, please contact the Board of Selectmen at 508-336-2910 to volunteer. The Seekonk Cultural Council is supported by the Massachusetts Cultural Council, a state agency.
4. The second trimester will be ending today for the Seekonk schools.
5. Make sure you like Seekonk-Swansea on Facebook and follow the discussion there.