5 Things You Need to Know: Tuesday, March 5
Parent-Child Play Group offered at Seekonk Public Library.
1. Interim Superintendent Arlene Bosco is among the finalists for the Seekonk school district superintendent post, The Sun Chronicle reported. The other finalist is Nauset Public Schools Assistant Superintendent Bonny Gifford, according to the newspaper. They will be interviewed Saturday.
2. It is expected to be mainly cloud with highs in the low 40s, according to WHDH.
3. Literary agent Jan Kardys will share secrets from her vast experience in the publishing world, Wednesday, March 6, at 6:30 p.m. Topics to be covered range from negotiating agreements to marketing and making the most of social media. Sponsored by the Friends of the Library.Contact: Adult Services department 508-336-8230 ext. 13 email@example.com
4. Seekonk Public Library, in cooperation with P.A.C.E. Child Care Works in New Bedford, offers a Parent-Child Play Group on Fridays from 10 a.m. until noon in the Library’s Meeting Room. The play group is for children 18 months to three years old and is scheduled every Friday morning. It will be facilitated by the Associates for Human Services Early Intervention Program and offered through the Dighton, Rehoboth, Seekonk and Swansea Coordinated Family and Community Engagement Grant. Any child from these communities and who is within the age range of 18 months to three years, is eligible to attend. A variety of toys and materials, as well as group activities including music and snack time, will be offered to participants. Children attend play group with a parent or adult caregiver. Registration is required. Call (508) 336-8230 ext 140 to be added to the waiting list for this program.
5. Boston Casting, the region's largest casting company, is seeking period cars from the 1960's and 1970's for a feature film. In addition to the cars, the company is also looking for the car owners who would like to work as extras while their cars are being used as props. The job shoots between March and May, and Boston Casting is looking for people who may want to work anywhere from a day to many days. This is available to both union and non-union talent. To be considered, please email the following to BostonPeriodCars@Gmail.Com 1. Photo of Your Car, 2. The Year, Make, Model and Color, 3. A Photo of Yourself, 4. A Good Phone Number to reach you.